Woolley has recently added a new member, George Fellowes, to its team to concentrate on assisting Cambridge companies in their search for new premises. George has been working in the Cambridge office market where he has represented both professional landlords in the marketing of their offices, as well as representing everyone from blue chip companies to smaller fledgling businesses in their search for new offices.
He is an expert in assisting companies in their search for office and laboratory space in the Cambridge market. The following is a simple break-down of how the acquisition process can work for you.
• An initial meeting is held at your office where we learn about your company and culture. We are keen to get to know your business, and what features in a property and its location are important to you.
• When we have a clear understanding of your requirements, we carry out a property search following your tight parameters.
• A report is compiled and presented to you.
• Part of the search process involves us speaking to all the local commercial property agents to see if they have any properties that may be suitable. These may not be necessarily on the market yet. In a thriving market like Cambridge’s properties often do not even make it to the open market as occupiers are found before that point.
• This can be a very sensitive time for a business and confidentially is sometimes key. Non-disclosure agreements are often signed to keep parties happy and the search anonymous.
• A shortlist is then agreed and accompanied viewings carried out.
• Detailed Heads of Terms; the basis of the lease will be negotiated on the favoured properties to achieve the most suitable and competitive terms for your business.
• Solicitors will be instructed and assistance with legal due diligence.
Assistance can also be offered during the fit-out phase with space planning and the moving process. Advice can also be supplied on exiting the former office and recommend professionals to assist with any potential dilapidations that might be outstanding on the property.